Cumann Lúthchleas Gael
* * *
The name of the Club shall be ‘Cumann Lúthchleas Gael Tulach Sheasta’ (Newport G.A.A. Club).
Shall be to promote the Gaelic Athletic Association as laid down by the Official Guide.
The Club Colours shall be Gold and Purple (Alternative Colours: Purple and Gold).
(a) Open to all who subscribe to the aims and objectives of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael.
(b) Membership Fee to be fixed each year at the AGM.
(c) Application for membership by new or lapsed members shall be in writing
(d) Closing date for membership application shall be 1st March.or as fixed at the AGM
(e) Only paid-up members shall be allowed to play an active part in the club affairs (i.e. Committee members, players, selectors, trainers, etc.)
(f) All applications for membership shall be subject to ratification by the Club Committee, which shall also have the right to terminate membership of any member, provided that the member is first given an opportunity of being heard before the decision is reached.
(g) Penalties regarding termination of membership shall be as decided by the Club Committee, under the guidance of the Official Guide.
(h) Classes of Membership:
1. Full Membership of the club shall be for a period of one year and shall be open to persons of 18 years and over. All full members shall be registered with Croke Park.
2. Youth Membership shall be open to all persons under 18 years of age. They shall not be entitled to vote or engage in management of the club.
3. Honorary Membership shall be open to persons who, in the opinion of the Executive Committee, have rendered exceptional service to the Club or to the games/activities of Cumann Lúthchleas Gael. They may be elected for life or for a defined period. They shall have all the privileges of Full Members except in the management of the club. They shall not be obliged to pay membership fee.
4. Temporary Membership shall be open to persons actively involved in additional activities promoted by the club. They shall not be entitled to vote or engage in the management of the club.
(i) The first allegiance of members shall be to the club and its ideals.
(j) The club shall have the right to refuse membership.
(k) Tickets for Inter-County games will be drawn among members who apply in writing on special application forms contained in the Membership Booklets.
(l) Details of Tickets received by the Club and of their allocation to Club Members shall be available from the club officers.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held before December 30th. Notice of meeting shall be conveyed to members at least five days beforehand.
- Nomination Papers shall be issued to all Full Members at least three weeks prior to the A.G.M. Completed Nomination Papers to be returned by members to a designated Club Officer within a week. Full list of Nominations and Motions to be sent to members at least five days before A.G.M.
- Only those who are registered as Full Members for the current year shall be entitled to vote or take office.
- The following business shall be transacted at the Annual General Meeting:
(a) Minutes of previous Annual General Meeting.
(b) Annual Report submitted by the Secretary.
(c) Financial Report submitted by the Treasurer.
(d) Election of officers and members of the Executive Committee.
(e) Election of Management for Senior/Intermediate/Junior teams
(f) Notices of Motion.
(g) General Business.
- The Club Constitution may be amended only at A.G.M. by a motion supported by no fewer than two thirds of those present, entitled to vote and voting.
- A Special General Meeting may be summoned by the Club Committee or on written request signed by no fewer than twelve Full Members, who in their requisition shall state the object of the meeting. No other business shall be transacted at that special meeting. The quorum for such a Special Meeting shall be not less than half of the Registered Full Membership.
- Teams shall be affiliated as decided by the A.G.M.
- No decisions of the A.G.M. or Committee, or no laws of the club shall conflict with the rules of the Association.
- The affairs of the Club shall be managed by a Committee selected at the A.G.M. consisting at least of President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, P.R.O., Development Officer, Registrar, Coaching Officer, Oifigeach na Gaeilge, Board Delegates, Youth Officer (or Chairperson of the Juvenile Committee), Schools Liaison Officer and five others at least two of whom must be Under 21.
- The Committee shall hold office for a period of one year or until the following Annual General Meeting whichever is sooner.
- The Executive Committee shall have power to co-opt not more than three members during any one year.
- The Executive Committee may appoint sub-committees for special purposes. It shall define the duties of such sub-committees and retain control in all matters. The Club Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall be ex-officio members of all sub-committees.
- The Executive Committee shall meet at least once each quarter and the quorum for meetings shall be five.
- Committee members who fail to attend three consecutive meetings of the Executive Committee shall cease to be a member of the Committee, unless a valid and acceptable reason has been tendered for the absence.
- An officer or Committee member failing to fulfil the duties for which he was appointed shall be replaced at the discretion of the Committee, having been first given the opportunity of accounting for himself.
- No decision of a Committee Meeting may be reversed except with the consent of two thirds of those present.
- The Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall collectively act on behalf of the Club between meetings, subject to later ratification by the Executive Committee.
ASSETS & TRUSTEES
- The Club shall have power to acquire and hold, and to sell, lease, mortgage or charge real and personal property. Real property shall not be transferred, sold, leased, conveyed, mortgaged or otherwise charged or dealt with, without the consent of the Central Council of the G.A.A. as set out in the Declaration of Trust.
- The real property of the club shall be vested in three or more members of Cumann Luthchleas Gael as Trustees, who shall hold same in accordance with the Charter, Constitution and Rules thereof and subject to the covenants and conditions contained in the approved Declaration of Trust. The Executive Committee shall select the Club Trustees who shall then be appointed by the Chairman of the Club. The remaining Trustees shall be appointed by the Munster Council, the Tipperary Co. Board and the North Tipperary Board.
- The personal property of the Club shall vest in the Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer for the time being of the Club, who shall hold the same in trust for the Club. The said Trustees shall invest the funds of the Club, or borrow funds when required, in accordance with the directions of the Executive Committee of which an entry in the minute book shall be conclusive evidence.
- The Executive Committee shall open a bank account on behalf of the Club. Cheques shall be signed by the Treasurer and at least one other officer mandated by the Executive.
- All accounts for payment must be passed by the Executive Committee.
- The Club accepts no responsibility for accounts opened in its name unless these have prior consent of the Executive Committee.
- A Chairman of a General Meeting, Executive Committee, or any sub-committee shall , in the event of a tie, have a casting vote in addition to his vote as a member.
- All registered Full Members who are over the age of 18 on the preceding 1st January and whose subscriptions at the prescribed rate are not in arrears shall be eligible to vote at a General Meeting. Voting shall be by a show of hands or by secret ballot at the discretion of such Registered Full Members.
- The Membership, Income and Property of the Club shall be dedicated to and applied solely towards the promotion of the aims of the G.A.A. as outlined in the Official Guide.
- Any person seeking admission as a Member of any Class of Membership, other than Honorary, shall complete and sign a prescribed Application Form, which must be returned to the Registrar together with the prescribed fee.
- Once granted, Full Membership of the Club and the G.A.A. shall continue for life, unless the member has been expelled or his resignation in writing has been accepted.
- A Players’ Representative be included on the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee shall hold office until the conclusion of the following Annual General Meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held before the end of November each year.
- The Secretary shall give 28 days notice of the date of the A.G.M. in writing to the members and at the same time inviting nominations.
- A Special General Meeting may be called by the Executive Committee at any time, provided ten days notice, in writing, shall be given to the members, specifying the purpose of such Special General Meeting.
- The Trustees of the real property of the Club shall hold office until retirement or death, unless replaced in accordance with Rule 43, Official Guide.
- The Club shall indemnify and save harmless its Trustees in respect of any loss or bona fide expenses incurred by them in or about the execution of the Trust
- Minute Books and Account Books shall be kept at such place as the Executive Committee shall think fit, and shall at all reasonable times be open to the inspection of the members of the Executive Committee. Ordinary club members shall not have the right of inspection of any books or documents of the club except as authorised by the Executive Committee.
- An independent suitably qualified person shall be appointed as Accountant by the Executive Committee to report on the Financial Statements of the Club, for presentation to the Annual General Meeting.
- All Account Books, Minute Books, Statements, Correspondence, Documents, etc are the property of the Club, and no person shall have any personal title or interest in such documents to the exclusion of the Club.
- No portion of the Income and Property of the Club shall be paid or transferred by way of profit, dividend, bonus or otherwise to the members of the Club.
- No Officer shall be appointed to any position within the Club paid by salary or fees.